Miscellaneous: Orcs Must Die 2


Even though Orcs Must Die 2 was released over 4 years ago, I only came across it recently while I was browsing the internet. I then happened to mention it to someone I know and they told me all about it. As a result of that, I jumped into Orcs Must Die 2 Campaign Coop mode first.

For those who do not know what Orcs Must Die is, it is a trap based Action Tower defense game where you protect Rifts. Rifts are like the heart and if it dies, you lose. The concept of the game may seem quite repetitive but with the ability to chose from a variety of traps and multitude of maps, the game never gets old.

I play as the Sorceress. I prefer her vanity options to the War Mage especially the one that makes her look like an assassin. However, nothing is ever cheap in games when it seems badass right? I'm saving up my skulls (that's the currency in the game I guess) in order to get it but as a beginner I invested all my skulls in traps and weapons. Each weapon will have a primary skill and a secondary skill that will most likely use up mana. 

Throughout the Campaign it is important that you may need to alter your play style depending on the map. The wonderful thing about this game is that you can refund your skulls when you want to change your play style or if you made a mistake without it penalising you! However, it can be quite tedious to put the skulls back in the appropriate places so try avoiding making mistakes. 

Since I have only recently started playing the game, I have yet to find the ideal combination of weapons and traps that are fit for my play style. Even if you don't follow the Campaign, the game is still enjoyable. With different modes available, I can see myself investing a few good hours into the game but again, nothing ridiculous.

Have you played Orcs Must Die?

Emmaculate

JustEmmaculate is primarily a gaming blog that talks about Hearthstone, League of Legends and Stardew Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment