Face Mask Haul / Boot's Face Mask Review


 Hey guys,
I hope you are all well!

A few weeks ago, I just finished my Bodyshop Seaweed Clay Mask, which was amazing to start with but I have to admit that I got bored of it quite quickly and didn't see a huge difference in my skin after the initial two months of using it.

Having a look online and thinking about what I wanted to get for my next face mask, I decided to snoop into Boots. One thing was certain and that was that I would be going in for sheet masks this time rather than a pot of a particular face mask since I hardly ever tried sheet masks.


The face masks I got at Boots last week

 Having a browse through the skincare aisle, I suddenly saw a stack of these sheet face masks in a little corner of my local Boots. Can I just say, I love the packaging. The flowers used against a white background just seems sophisticated to me, even though there isn't much going on compared to the other face mask I picked up.

There were three face masks available from the Boots range: Moisturising & Nourishing, Luminous Youth and Radiance & Brightening.
I don't have dry skin so I avoided the Moisturising & Nourishing face mask this time round. However, I reckon that I will definitely pick it up soon as it's been so cold lately and my skin could do with a little bit of moisture. Anyways, the first face mask that I tried was the Radiance & Brightening one as my skin was dull and lifeless. Girl, I really needed to fix my eye bags! The face mask has instructions at the back which state that you should cleanse your face prior to applying the face mask and drying it with a towel. You do not need to wash your face after you've applied your sheet mask as it suggests that you rub in the excess into your skin. I recommend that you use these face masks as part of your nigh routine as they double up as a night cream. Inside the packet there is a lot of product, like A LOT. The actual sheet mask did not rip or crumble, which was great. It was soft and easy to apply. The formula of the cream that the sheet face mask was drenched in did not have much of a fragrance thankfully. 

Boots Sheet Face Masks in Luminous Youth and Radiance Brightening

After keeping the face mask on for 15 minutes, I could feel that my skin felt revitalised. There was still some excess product in the packaging so I decided to empty it and rub it into my skin, using the sheet mask as an applicator. Then I went to sleep and woke up the next day to see the glow on my skin, and I was not even using my ABH Glow Kit. The results were really visible and at the price of £2, I was seriously impressed at how well the face mask worked. It was easy to work with and surpassed my expectations. I definitely think you should check it out if you are in the market for trying a new face mask. May I also point out that these face masks are made in Korea? Korea are renown for their advancements in skincare! They literally own the skincare sector of the beauty world.

The Luminous Youth performed just as well as the Radiance & Brightening. My skin felt taut and my fine lines around my eyes decreased slightly. Personally for my skin type and "problems", I felt that the Radiance & Brightening Sheet Face Mask showed more of an effect. They are both of high quality and would definitely pick them up again.

(Funnily enough, my friends even told me that they could see a difference in my skin after using one of these face masks!)

7th Heaven Passion Peel - Off

Is it strange for me to tell you guys that I have never actually tried a peel-off mask? I know talk about late on the band wagon. I've definitely missed the bus on this hype. However, I noticed that my Exfolilator was doing a great job at polishing my skin but the stubborn blackheads would not budge, especially around my nose. So I picked up the 7th Heaven Passion Peel - Off Mask.

I feel like most people have given this a shot during their teenage years / early puberty stage / experimenting with skincare. As you can tell from the packaging, the face mask does indeed smell like pomegranate. I can't tell you how much I love the smell of pomegranate in skin care products. I don't find it sickening but rather pleasant on the nose, in particular when I am winding down and watching my shows. 

The application of the mask was a little more sticky compared to other face masks. I found myself having to wash my hands a few times in order to put on the product rather than wiping it off. There was enough product for my entire face too. However, while the mask was drying, it did not slide about and it took a little longer than recommended for the entire mask to dry on my face. The recommended time suggests 20-25 minutes where for me it took around 35 minutes. It was easy to peel off, I started around the mouth as I could see that I could start to peel it from there rather than starting at my chin. Once I pulled it all off and inspected the wonderful sebum left on the face mask, I felt like my skin was softer than before. Unfortunately apart from that, I didn't feel much different. The face mask didn't rip my face off, which I have to admit I was sort of expecting from a peel-off. I expected it to stick to my skin so tightly that it would literally feel like I am pull out the clogged up grub from my pores.. but I guess not! Good for my skin but disappointing for my mental satisfaction, haha! I feel like maybe pore strips might be a better option for me, someone that doesn't have huge issues regarding blackheads but needs a little clean up every couple of months.

Here we are, my tiny haul of Face Masks I got last week!

Have you tried any of these? Would you want to try any of these? 
Let me know below! 

Emmaculate

JustEmmaculate is primarily a gaming blog that talks about Hearthstone, League of Legends and Stardew Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment