What's the secret to a beautifully basic eye look?


What's the secret?

Don't we all want to have lashes like those models in make up adverts? Fluttering their long, voluminous and perfectly individual lashes at you from across a screen... So can we achieve that look? Of course we can, all you need is to find a mascara that works for you and a little secret tip from me.

Mascara: L'oreal Telescopic
Eyeliner: L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim


As you can see above, I have absolutely abused my L'oreal Telescopic Mascara, even though I am extremely loyal to the Maybelline Mascaras. I currently have two mascaras in my collection because each mascara is unique and fits a specific purpose. Girl, that does not mean you can't wear that mascara that makes your eyelashes look like falsies, BUT for a day to day kind of thing, I tend to tone down my lashes and this mascara and eyeliner combo is my go to for uni. 


The tip of the L'oreal Super liner Perfect Slim


The first thing I do when I do basic eye makeup is to draw on my wing liner. When I first got into make up, I really loved how eyeliner could emphasise your eyes and who doesn't love a good cat eye?! This eyeliner has been my Holy Grail for over 3 years. It is a user friendly eyeliner with a felt tip end. The length of the eyeliner is comfortable to hold and easy to navigate around your eye. The colour pigmentation is amazing and doesn't smudge. I have only seen it smudge slightly on oily eyelids, but I reckon that a waterproof formula can fix that.

The Wand of the L'oreal Telescopic Mascara


I've used Maybelline for mascaras for years and I particularly love to use the Rocket Mascara since it really adds the OOMPH into my lashes you know? But I'm all for exploring and finding new potentials so I gave this mascara a shot! 

I've been using this mascara for over 3 months, and now it's on its final legs, as you probably figured from the packaging. It's great for lengthening and its not a particularly thick formula which is great since it dries quickly too. It does not bring volume to the table and it does not come off throughout the day. The slim wand allows you to get to every single lash; starting from the root to the tip. The Telescopic Mascara opens up your eyes and can seriously hold a curl!

IT CAN HOLD A CURL? HOLD THE PHONE.

The secret to the beautiful lashes?
An eyelash curler!

Yes, yes I know guys. Isn't that obvious? Hmm, not really. Many people get caught up watching people rave about expensive eyelash curlers, which they can't invest in and then forget you can get something that does the trick for the fraction of the price. 

The eyelash curler everyone and their grandma loves is by Shu Uemura. Of course, it is a pricey yet beautifully bent piece of metal that curls lashes,particularly working for oriental eye shapes. But what about everyone else? 


Everyone is unique and eyelash curlers work for some eye shapes and don't on others but for me...

I have tried eyelash curlers from other brands before but nothing really did the trick until I opened this gem from my Body Shop Advent Calendar.
The Body Shop Eyelash Curler fits PERFECTLY around my lash line and the best part is that I don't even have to apply heat to achieve the look that I want. You all heard me loud and clear! 10 seconds on each eye, mascara and boom there you go, perfectly sculpted individual lashes. It's insane, I can't even tell you how obsessed I am. 

Body Shop Eye Lash Curler


After years of being "bored" of my basic eye make up, I am now completely satisfied and obsessed with how my eyes look once I've completed the whole ritual. Thankfully, the whole process won't take too long, which makes it perfect for a daily look!

So what are your favourite eye products? What's your favourite mascara? Your go-to eyeliner?
I'd love to know! 

Emmaculate

JustEmmaculate is primarily a gaming blog that talks about Hearthstone, League of Legends and Stardew Valley.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I definitely have to try that eyeliner next, not something I'd lean towards but definitely up for experimenting :)

    taniaawrites.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete